If you are looking for a beautiful non-denominational church or chapel for your wedding ceremony in the greater Seattle and Puget Sound area, look no further!
Happily, there are a number of sweet and elegant churches and chapels that welcome non-members and who allow an outside Officiant or Minister to officiate. Here are five of the best non-denominational churches and chapels in the Seattle area that may work for your wedding ceremony:
1) Bastyr Chapel, Kenmore, WA ~ Talk about big! Bastyr University Chapel is amazing in all ways. This opulent chapel built in 1958 accommodates up to 450 people and is a gorgeous and impressive venue for a formal wedding ceremony. The chapel is nearly 5 stories in height and 140 feet long and what is unique about this chapel is that the pews run lengthwise, offering a spectacular view of your wedding processional!
2) Greenlake Church, Seattle, WA ~ Located smack in the middle of Seattle, you’ll find the non-denominational Greenlake Church. This church welcomes couples of all faiths and traditions and is an elegant and sweet sanctuary for a more formal wedding ceremony.
3) St. Anne Chapel at Villa Academy, Seattle, WA ~ Villa Academy’s beautiful and historic St. Anne Chapel provides an incredible opportunity for a wedding ceremony. The chapel is adorned with intricate design details, ornate statuary and seats up to 220 guests. Constructed in the early 1920’s and renovated in 1991, St. Anne Chapel is close to downtown Seattle and the grounds also provide break taking vistas for wedding photos.
4) Belle Chapel in Snohomish ~ If you are seeking a sweet, elegant and romantic Chapel for your ceremony, consider Belle Chapel in Snohomish. This landmark location is a truly unique wedding venue and was built in 1885. It is built for up to 150 guests and only accepts one wedding per day.
5) Chapel on Echo Bay, Fox Island, WA ~ This 100-year-old chapel is located just outside of Seattle on Fox Island and an easy drive from the greater Seattle area. This is the only church or chapel listed here that is on the water and this provides for a spectacular setting for your wedding ceremony – whether outside on the grounds and overlooking the alter or inside the Chapel.
Annemarie Juhlian is a Wedding Officiant, Minister & Celebrant in Seattle, Washington and she has officiated at all of these wonderful chapels and churches. Annemarie creates personalized wedding ceremonies for couples of all faiths and traditions. Take a peak at Annemarie: http://www.marriedbyannemarie.com or call 425. 922.1325